Categories
Marketing Must Read Sales Strategy

Do You Allow People to Pay You?

Being in business can be hard when you’re a solo entrepreneur. I get it. There are all these personal feelings of self-worth mixed in with trying to run a business – and we aren’t talking about it.

(We are all running around trying really hard to look like we have it all together.)

When a potential client reaches out to you via phone or email, do you realize that they are HOPING to give you money?

They are hoping that you’re the one. The person that they want to hire and work with. They are opening the door because they like you.

Most of us respond this by thinking that we still have to convince them to like us, to want to work with us, that they don’t like us already.

Instead we feel gross because we think we have to “sell” them on working with us, and all those deeply seated fears come up.

Will they like me?

Will they think I’m a fake? A fraud?

Will they see right through me, know that I work in my pajamas until noon, be aware that half the time I’m not entirely sure if what I’m doing is right but it works so I’ll keep doing it?

Will they care that I don’t have that degree, that certification, I haven’t taken that class, I don’t have 10,000 followers on Instagram?

I’m here to tell you, they aren’t thinking any of those things.

They felt a connection, an attraction, a reason to pick up the phone and call you or to send that email off to you.

They WANT to work with you. More than anything, they are hoping that you are THE ONE. That their search is over.

Now take a deep breath, do a power pose if you need to (the Wonder Woman is my personal favorite, of course), and talk to them. Allow them to pay you. You’re not some smarmy salesman – you are providing them with a product or service that they want. They are asking you for the ability to buy it. There is no snake oil involved here.

YOU ARE ENOUGH.

A shift in how you are thinking about all of this can make a huge difference. Try it. Let me know how it works out!

Do You Allow People to Pay You? Refocusing your sales strategy to book more clients - http://ChristineTremoulet.com

By Christine

Business Coach for Local Businesses, founder of the InstaLocal System, and Best-Selling Author. Blogger since 2000, I named WordPress. (Yes. Really.) My Superpower: Helping Local Business owners like you use the power of story to magnetize clients and dominate your market. It is time to stop believing the lies of the Perfection Culture. I live in Houston, Texas when I'm not on a road trip adventure in my Mini Cooper.

3 replies on “Do You Allow People to Pay You?”

Hi Claire good posts here just shared you on facebook. This is something at my company (Celebrate Just Right). I think customers now look for reviews online about a business before the book so when they call you they are ready to book or passed the fraud etc test (as you say). What do you think?

Wow, yet another power punch Christine and awesome post! This should go along with your post of Stop Confusing Your Clients! LOL

I have to giggle here as I’m a fashion designer / photog and I also do real estate photography as we as a couple of others. I can’t possibly do it all, although I would love to! I shoot about 60% of my own stuff and the other 40% I farm out. But so many photogs have this arrogant personality it and try to mystify me with magic or try to baffle me with bullcrap. Then I say, um, I’m a photog too. You know what, I don’t think you are good fit and I’ll just shoot it myself as I begin to show them my small studio and gear.

They truly don’t get it! I want to shoot about 20-30% of the time and outsource the rest. You nailed it Christine! I’m already done my homework for the most part and saying I want to give you money, work with me. But they lose the deal with their confusion lingo, over selling and much more! We are talking on going work here. I want to know what can you do for me. Can you get the shots I want and need with minimal edited and joint copyright ownership? As the old adage goes, “Don’t bite the hand(s) that feed you!” If you want to play artist photographer, do that on your own time! Just talk to me and show me you can get me what I want and need, I have already shortlisted you, otherwise I wouldn’t be contacting you or giving you a chance to do a test shoot!

Well put Christine!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *