(Updated on Sept. 20, 2008, and again on Sept. 23, 2008)
I thought a post was in order to let everyone know my status during Hurricane Ike:
- My family is fine.
- My house is fine. Tree limbs down, but none on the house. No power as of 9/23/08 (11 days so far), so we are staying with my parents who do have power.
None of us have internet access – not at my house or my parent’s house. My parents now have internet access. Yeah! I can only respond to email via my iPhone though, and it is somewhat tedious so I try to limit it.
- I’m still working. Matter of fact, I’ve posted the first half of the proofs from Tricia & Daniel’s wedding today.
I’m trying to keep driving to a minimum until the gas shortage is over – I want to make sure I have gas to get to weddings. I’m starting to see gas stations without lines now, so hopefully that will pass by this weekend. Gas is much more available now, but there are still traffic lights without power, so I’m still trying to keep driving to a minimum for the time being.
- Any print orders or DVDs that need to be shipped out are currently delayed. They will hopefully go out next week, but it could be two weeks.
Posting things online in galleries is also delayed until we get the internet access back at our house or my parent’s house. I’ve tried at public wifi access places, but they won’t allow large uploads like that. I also posted Leah & Ryan’s wedding photos last Friday, along with Erika & Jason’s engagement session.
I’m sorry about the inconvenience for everyone — trust me, I feel your pain! I’ll update this post as I know more, and keep it at the top of the page until it no longer applies.
I’ve received several emails asking about available dates for rescheduled weddings — I am rather heavily booked for the fall, but I am working to get together a list of other photographers that are available for fall dates. Please feel free to email me to get the list for a certain date, even if I am booked. I’m happy to do anything I can to help out!
My currently *booked* 2008 dates are:
- Saturday, September 20
- Saturday, September 27
- Friday, October 3
- Saturday, October 11
- Sunday, October 12
- Saturday, October 18
- Saturday, November 8
- Saturday, November 22
- Saturday, December 20
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- The Business Lesson Learned from Lafanda Quee - November 22, 2014
- How to Run a Black Friday Sale Without Hurting Your Business! - November 20, 2014
- Why You Need an Editorial Calendar for Your Blog – 30 Days to Awesomize Your Blog - November 10, 2014