Yes, the photos in this post are Instagram & iPhone photos. Some little snaps of my holidays – my favorite Christmas ornaments at my parent’s house, and beignets with cafe au lait at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans last week!
It just seems like it wouldn’t be right to wrap up 2010 and kick off 2011 without a post to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were great, wonderful, and amazing! I kicked off 2010 photographing Tiffany & Romeo’s wedding, and I ended 2010 with Cheryl & Dev. I sort of think that was the perfect way to bookend an awesome year for my business!
I truly have to thank my family, Brittany, Elaine, Kelly & Regina from the bottom of my heart. I could NOT do what I do without your love & support. You carry me, and I truly thank you all for that!
I photographed 30 boudoir sessions this year, and I discovered that my superpower (thanks for the name, Karen!) is showing women how beautiful they truly are, allowing them to see what I see. Every woman – EVERY woman – is sexy, beautiful, gorgeous, and fabulous. The most beautiful of all are those hot mamas! I am looking forward to making boudoir a HUGE part of my business in 2011! BIG big big plans ahead! If you’re a Hot Mama, you’ll definitely want to come back & check it out!
This year I photographed 27 weddings, including destination weddings in Mexico & England. One of these incorporated Vietnamese, Cambodian & Chinese traditions, and three were Indian weddings. The list of weddings also included an emergency wedding for my friends Jessica & JD when their son Finn decided he wanted to be born several weeks early, and second shooting for Regina Holder in Asheville, North Carolina (at the Biltmore Estate!), D. Jones Photography and Kelly Niemann. There were also sessions for two newborns of past clients, and my SLGT Photo Project sessions as well. Thanks to the SLGT Photo Project, we had some wonderful speakers come to the monthly photographer meetup that I host at the studio and we passed our one year anniversary last August!
Somehow, among all of the weddings and portrait sessions, I managed to visit Seattle for our friend Mandy’s wedding and to visit family & friends, Las Vegas for WPPI, Taos & Angel Fire, New Mexico for a roadtrip with Brittany & Kelly, Asheville to shoot with Regina, Oaxaca and Huatulco Mexico, London and Bristol England, Denver for the Biz Clarity workshop that is where all those big plans coming up came together, San Antonio, Lexington for Christmas, and New Orleans last week on our road trip home. (I should point out that Mexico, England, Denver, San Antonio, Lexington & New Orleans were all in the last quarter of the year. WHEW!)
I started off this year (you know, 6 days ago) trying to pull together favorite images from all of my 2010 weddings and boudoir sessions. This is a bit tricky, because I shot a LOT this year, and many of them aren’t on the blog. So instead, I’m going to be sharing them here and there over the next few weeks & months. The boudoir posts take a bit more time because I actually go through and contact each client and get their ok on every image I’m considering. Hang on for the ride though – there are some super gorgeous posts heading your way!
Made it all the way to the end? Awesome! Come back tomorrow! I’ll be launching a Valentine’s Day version of the Special Special, which means an extra $50-200 off of your boudoir session if you book by January 24. This will be the last time you’ll see these prices, so if you want to lock in these rates you need to do it right away!
Thank you a zillion times over to our 2010 couples for allowing us to be a part of such a special time in your lives!!!
– Tiffany & Romeo, wedding & reception at The Woodlands Resort
– Naurin & Michael, wedding & reception at Agave Road in Katy
– Sarom & Minh, wedding in a private ceremony, reception at Kim Son in Bellaire
– Kim & Ken, wedding & reception at M2 Gallery in the Heights
– Emily & Michael, wedding & reception at a Bed & Breakfast in the Montrose area
– Andrea & Lee, wedding at West Houston Chinese Church, reception at the Downtown Club at One Shell Plaza (and our very first Marry-thon!)
– Megan & Cruz, wedding & reception at The Woodlands Resort
– Hailey & Tyson (photographed by Elaine & Kari – my son’s graduation day!), married at Good Shepherd United Methodist Church, reception at Houston National Golf Club
– Priscilla & Bill, wedding & reception at The Woodlands Resort
– Betsy & Robert, wedding & reception at The Woodlands Resort
– Jessica & Jay, wedding & reception at The Petroleum Club in downtown Houston
– Melinda & Kyle, married at the St. Joseph Church Museum, reception at The Tremont House in Galveston, Texas
– Melissa & Kurt (second photographer for Regina Holder), married & reception at the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Asheville, North Carolina
– Alyssa & Christopher (second photographer for Regina Holder), married & reception at the Biltmore Estate’s Champagne Cellar in Asheville, North Carolina
– Heather & Matt (photographed by Kelly & Chris while Elaine & I were in Galveston), married & reception at Hotel Zaza
– Holly & Philip, married at St. Paul’s Methodist Church, reception at Hotel Zaza
– Valeria & Omid, married at St. Paul Catholic Church, Nassau Bay, reception on the FantaSea Yacht Charters at South Shore Harbor
– Missy & Jonathan, married at St. Maximilian Kolbe Catholic Church, reception in Katy
– Melissa & John, married & reception at a private residence in River Oaks
– Kate & Walker, married & reception at a private residence near Huatulco, Mexico
– Rachel & Alex (photographed by Kelly & Chris while Elaine & I were in Mexico), married & reception at Rockefeller Hall
– Emily & Allen (second photographer for Laura Burlton of D. Jones Photography), married & reception at The Junior League
– Ann & Karl, married & reception at Byzantium in Bristol, England
– Emily & Charlie (second photographer for Kelly Niemann), wedding at Lakewood United Methodist Church, reception at Raveneaux Country Club
– Cheryl & Dev, married & reception at The Houstonian
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Stop Focusing on the Wrong Numbers to Grow Your Business - August 24, 2016
- What if Your Boss Made You Talk About Your Business? - August 22, 2016
- The Life Boss Podcast Episode 13 – Parijat Deshpande - July 26, 2016