Eve is one of the owners of my favorite local yarn store, Twisted Yarns, and after I photographed Amy & Jerry’s wedding in November,
she asked me about doing a family portrait session. This is one of my favorites from the day!
It has been a hard year for a lot of people in Houston. Hurricane Ike. People lost their homes. The financial crisis. Job layoffs. The list is sadly long.
You know someone. You know someone who’s experienced a tragedy, is struggling to stay afloat, is raising kids while holding down more than one job, or is volunteering selflessly despite extenuating personal circumstances. You know someone who can’t afford custom photography, but who would cherish it this holiday season. You know someone who deserves a year-round reminder of their family’s spirit, love, and beauty.
You know someone. I guarantee it.
I want to know who they are, and I want to give them the chance to experience complimentary custom photography — $1400 worth, to be exact. A portrait session, a DVD of the high-resolution image files, and $500 worth of product credit. Whether it’s canvas or albums, prints for Grandma, or a slideshow to watch over and over, it’s in your power to give them the artwork they deserve this holiday season.
Oh, and the best part? The person who nominates the winner receives a portrait session too, along with $200 worth of product credit. What better reason to show some love could there possibly be, people?
* You cannot nominate yourself, and the person nominated must sincerely be incapable of purchasing my services. (Being unable to make mortgage payments for a two-million-dollar-vacation-home in Paris does not qualify as sincere financial need.)
* The nominee must reside in the greater Houston area. Tell me who you know, what they’re experiencing, and why they deserve my artwork. Please include a way to contact both your nominee and yourself as well.
* You must e-mail me the full story – my email address is christine@ the website address. (Sorry – trying to avoid spammers.)
The winner will be announced on Christmas Eve — get nominating! I can’t wait to read all of your entries!
I’m not the only one doing this right now — Giving is Awesome is coordinating a lot of us. Maybe someone in your area if you’re not in Houston? Or maybe you’re a photographer and you want to participate too?
Open your heart to someone this holiday season — and thanks for giving me the opportunity to open mine.
With love –
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Stop Focusing on the Wrong Numbers to Grow Your Business - August 24, 2016
- What if Your Boss Made You Talk About Your Business? - August 22, 2016
- The Life Boss Podcast Episode 13 – Parijat Deshpande - July 26, 2016