My first guest on The Life Boss show is Josh Levs. Josh spent 20 years reporting for NPR, CNN, and the Voice of America. He is a motivational keynote speaker, a journalism & tech pioneer, a business consultant, a writer, and an author.
None of this touches on the roll that is most important to Josh though – being a father.
I was inspired to ask Josh to be the first guest on my show because of his moving story that resulted in his book, All In: How Our Work-First Culture Fails Dads, Families, and Businesses–And How We Can Fix It Together. That concept of the Work-First Culture and how it fails us is such an important conversation to me.
(Want a signed copy of Josh’s book for Father’s Day, or for yourself? Visit here to get your copy.)
Josh shares his story about leaving CNN after requesting fair paternity leave, and his lawsuit with Time Warner. He has become a champion for Paid Family Leave as a result. At first, it wasn’t clear to me how this impacted someone who is self-employed, but it is critical for two reasons:
1. If your spouse or partner is not self-employed and they need to take time off to care for you or another family member, you want them to have access to Paid Family Leave;
2. If you have employees, you need to be aware of the laws around Paid Family Leave and how they apply to you as an employer.
Together, we can change the perception of modern fatherhood and create equality in the workplace for men and women.
Josh & I also talked about this video – I just love how it shows Dads in a different light. Advertising is making such great strides in correcting the view of fatherhood to be more like reality.
Other Links Mentioned in the Show
Josh spoke at the United Nations Josh on March 15, 2016, for the Women’s Empowerment Principles event. View the footage here.
Interested in attending the Dad 2.0 Summit in 2017? Tickets are limited!
You can find Josh’s website at JoshLevs.com
If you enjoyed this episode, please be sure to subscribe in the podcast player of your choice, and leave a review as well so that others can find the show! You can also join The Life Boss Facebook Community and continue the conversation there!
Latest posts by Christine (see all)
- Stop Causing Your Clients Confusion - April 24, 2017
- The Real Best Time of Day to Post - March 31, 2017
- Is Finding Your Own Way to Success a Struggle for You? - March 12, 2017