Kendrick Shope is the creator of Authentic Selling and Sales School, empowering women to make millions without sacrificing integrity.
I first met Kendrick when I was lucky enough to win a seat to her Sales School course a few years ago. I’ll be honest here – I like to sell things. Sales has never been a struggle for me … or so I thought. Then I hit a point where sales were suddenly a struggle, where I found it hard to put in to words what I offered – and I went back to Kendrick, because I knew she could help me.
Over the past 6 months, I’ve been working with her as a sales coach (as I mention in the podcast) and it has been fantastic! So of course, she was one of the first people I had to invite to be on the podcast, because I couldn’t wait to share her with all of you!Are you living the life you tell your children that they should strive for? Are you a good example? Click To Tweet
Kendrick shares with us her journey in sales — she was a top performing sales rep in the pharmaceutical industry, when she realized that she wasn’t living true to the message that she was telling her daughter every night, “You can be anything you want to be in this world… all you have to do is believe in your dreams and they will come true.”
It was then that she knew that one day, her daughter was going to ask her what happened to HER dreams, because she wasn’t living them herself.
From that moment on, she was on a mission to figure out what her dream was and who she wanted to be.
She tried other things at first; life coach training changed her life, yet she realized it was not the right fit for her. She discovered that she wasn’t meant to teach life coaching — she was meant to teach people how to sell.
Sometimes what we do so naturally for us – what is no big deal for us – is what we’re meant to share with the world.
What questions do people always ask you about? What are you naturally good at?
Kendrick shared with us her favorite selling tips:
- Ask yourself how you would want to be treated.
- Women sell differently than men because of how our brains work
- Most of us know how we don’t want to be sold
- All things being equal, friends buy from friends. All things being unequal, friends buy from friends.
- Follow up! 50% of all sales are closed in the follow up. Don’t know how? Learn it.
- The relational sale is very much alive – you don’t have to be aggressive
- Selling is HELPING – the Authentic Selling mindset
- The actual definition of selling is the exchange of money for a product or service
- If you don’t tell anyone how your product or service help people, no one else will
Kendrick shares with us the ups & downs of being in sales, being a business owner, and making her way to to making $10 million dollars.
We also talked about self-care – and how sometimes taking the time to REST is what your business needs to move forward.